Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Isn't it nice to know?

OK......
I'm new to this so I'm going to start out with a nice and easy introduction. My name is Katie. I'm a student by definition, a runner by nature, and a Christian by choice.

As a person I've done quite a bit of growing up in the past few months of my life. I've grown as a student...but that's not really the exciting part. I've grown as a runner -thats the NCAA national cross country part...and as a Christian-that's the spiritual part. As a person I've found myself growing stronger and stronger...but there were a lot of hard lessons I learned along the way.

The current theme song of my life (ok one of them) is "The Lining is Silver" by Relient K.(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMEPrXGW6v4) This is my first posting so I wont go into the gory details of what I've been through in the past few months of my life....but I'd rather focus on the important lessons that I got out of those things.

The main lesson that I learned is: Yup you guessed it: The lining is silver. My life is dramatic. I don't get very many grey areas like most normal people do. I don't have boring problems. What I have is really really really bad things only. And these really really really bad things are generally followed within a week or two by really really good things. According to Newton for every action there will be an equal and opposite reaction. And so is the balance of my life.

This blog is about my life as a runner. My life as a student. My life as a Christian. And how to find your very own silver linings in everything. But above all else it is about taking the blessing of the good with the curse of the bad and realizing that no matter how dark your cloud that you can always know that the lining is silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment