Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Four Random Things Friday

"Sometimes the most beautiful thing you can do for someone is simply to believe in them"


1. So I think that I've changed my mind about something. I know  I love biking and swimming. But I just don't think that now is the time for a triathlon. I'm just not quite ready and the idea isn't exciting  me like it used to. I think the fact that I swim 5k's all the time and ride 100-112 miles frequently kind of took some of the excitement out of an ironman. I'm not even in good shape and I can do this. However, I can't run a marathon And obviously, I need to get on that before I go and sign up for an ironman. That's exactly what I plan to do. I feel slightly like I'm betraying biking and all the hundreds of miles I put in but...running is my first love and I have things to finish before I stop the competitive running completely. This does not mean I'm not doing an ironman. It simply means I don't have the time right now...and I'm still a little caught up in this whole "running dream" that one has to die before I start over with a new dream.

How am I going to do this you may be asking? Here's a quick run-down of the plan: I'm running two half marathons one in October (a trail half) and one in the end of September/beginning of November. THEN I'm running a marathon in December (please please please no injuries)

2. I had the nicest most wonderful thing happen to me the other day. One of my customers sent an email to my manager ...and I quote "Katie sold me on Wheel and Sprocket and Trek" and then it goes on to tell about how wonderful their experience working with me was. I love humanity :) And I love that humanity loves me back.

3. I'm sick of being really poor. I don't know if I can take 5 more years of this. urg. It disgusts me to realize that I can barely pay for groceries because I CHOSE TO GET A PH.D. how is that fair? I had a job interview yesterday for a position called a psychometrist....but for the first time in my experience I had NO IDEA what they thought of me and also for the first time in my experience I was not offered the job on the spot. I've never actually had a job interview that didn't end with a job so now I'm extremely nervous and freaking out about what they thought of me. I also have this running critique in my head that sounds like a broken record saying things like "you should have prepared better...you used the word "like" one too many times...you didn't make yourself seem invaluable to the company...you didn't advertise your abilities well enough" arg...well I'll inform you in a couple more weeks if they actually thought it went as horribly as I thought it did. I can always work at a bike store the rest of my life I suppose...

4. Sorry for another one about running...but yesterday I think I somehow had the best run of my entire life. I did an hour and 18 minutes all at a little bit sub-7ish. I had to make myself stop after that. I know, I know, I'm as surprised as anyone. I didn't know I had that in me and yet....
It was then that I decided on doing this whole marathon thing. Maybe even an ultra. Who knows? (MUST KEEP EATING CALCIUM)


My apologies for being so hyped up on some sort of weird running high today. I promise I'll be back to cursing about it the next time something starts hurting.

But otherwise...happy Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment