Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

#PrayForBoston

"How much better would the world be if each of us fell asleep at night dreaming of how to make it a better place?"



How could you do something so evil, something so horrendous as to blow off a runner's legs? My heart has been broken for these runners, these hurt people, all of Boston ever since Monday.

I suppose I tend to be a bit naive, not understanding why people can be truly evil. As a person, and as a psychologist, I typically believe that there is some good in everyone. I find it hard to comprehend that there could be people that are just plain evil.

These people, who set off bombs at what is holy ground to runners, swayed that belief system a bit. However, judging by their actions I don't believe that they knew what they were doing. The bombs went off at a time when there wouldn't be a lot of individuals crossing the line, they also didn't go off when the elite athletes finished. Either these bombers didn't do their research well or their disorganization shows that this is a first time thing for them. I do not believe that this bombing was the product of an organized group, it seems to me that these were just some people trying to make a point about something. A point, that they didn't even get across.It saddens me greatly that they chose a marathon of all things.

 Because running...running is peaceful. Running doesn't create wars it brings people together. Running is what cures hate not creates it. Whoever those bombs off isn't a runner, because he or she clearly doesn't understand.

 Keep praying friends, and keep running. 










No comments:

Post a Comment