Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I'm Baaack!

"She's a runner, a rebel, and a stunner" -Red Hot Chili Peppers


It really, really, has been too long. In fact, my dearest readers, it has been so long that I almost feel a need to reintroduce myself. My life has changed so much since my last post that you may not even recognize me, or remember me for that matter.

I considered starting a new blog, because, my life isn't only about running anymore. What then am I to do with a blog about a life about running? But I couldn't give up my site, I couldn't change something that I've grown so much attached to. So we'll continue our journey here on learning how to fly.

But please, allow me to unveil my new, and (I'd like to think) improved life.

On Running: I still run quite a bit. Don't get me wrong friends. In fact, I run more. But the thing is, running isn't the main focus of my life anymore. I'd like it to be of some focus, of course, but, you see my life is so taken up by so many other things that I don't seem to have the time, nor the concentration to put my whole focus toward running. When I have too busy of a day I take a day off. If I'm not feeling good, I take a day off. If I'm spending the day with my lovely significant other, I take a day off. If I don't want to run...sometimes I take a day off. imagine, that here I may speak of it more than in everyday life, but I've learned that there are far, far more important things than my career as an almost-but-not-quite spectacular athlete.  What kinds of things could possibly be ore important you may be asking?

On Love: I'm planning a wedding. When you're planning a wedding the things you tend to not have time for includes, but is not limited to: sleeping, breathing (dresses are tight!), cooking, working out, school. It creates animosity between you and your mother, you and your fiancé, you and your father...you and everyone basically. Planning a wedding, as the bride, is stressful. It just is.
That said, One month and two days from today I am marrying the best friend I have ever had, and thinking about that reminds me that I have nothing to be stressed out about.

On being a Therapist: The free time that I do have, between being a fiancee, and a runner, goes to being a therapist as well as a student. I'm in my second of five years of graduate school. Those five years will add up to me being a doctor of psychology.
In the mean time I'll be doing lots of odd jobs as a therapist.
1. I work with drug addiction. Like for real drug addiction. Most of my patients are cocaine or meth addicts, or very heavy alcoholics. All of them are in a rehab facility. They are amongst the strongest, bravest, most amazing individuals that I have ever met.
2. I also do intensive therapy with severe autism. These individuals are also amongst the most amazing that I have ever met.
Even though it can be hard, being a psychologist is therefore the most amazing job that you can have. Expect me not to talk anymore about my patients. Expect me to complain a lot more about all of the homework I have to do.

And no, sports psychologist is not even a question. I am absolutely sure that it is not psychologically healthy for you job and your hobby to be one and the same. That, and there's no way that i could pry myself away from my wonderful autistic kiddos.

On Life: I'm not a vegetarian anymore. Snowy owls are still my favorite animal. I still feel like I'm on my own personal journey to learn how to fly.



1 comment:

  1. This blog is really helpful for me as I want the best Airline pilot training, keep sharing such blogs.
    How to become an airline pilot

    ReplyDelete