Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One week to kick patellofemoral pain butt

Stretch. Stretch. Stretch.
-Hamstring stretching, Quad stretching,Calf Stretching...basically constant stretching
Strengthen and Mend
-I WILL faithfully do my hip exercises every single day. Sometimes twice a day!
-I WILL wear my knee brace at all times OR tape my knee {even though the knee brace is ugly}
-Tape knee until muscles are strengthened/retrained. Kinesiotape is a miracle worker!!!!   
-Foam rolling, massage
-I will stop using the bag of corn in my freezer, I will buy an actual ice pack and be faithful to that as well
-I WILL take a few days of torment rest and  nothingness. {i.e. no running, walking, swimming, biking. just nothing. period.}vomit I mean...yay relaxation
-Physical Therapy :(

Desperate Measures {I'm willing to try anything here}
-Vitamins. I've heard of many many things that are supposed to help my poor knee.
      Ginseng. Is supposed to strengthen tendons/muscles
      Fish oil/omega 3's are supposed to be a natural anti-inflammatory
      Vitamin C-just because it might work.
-The mysterious world of barefoot running.
   I've read a lot that running barefoot can help your muscles retrain themselves so that they track naturally as they're supposed to. It's not well researched but I plan on running barefoot around a soccer field for my first run back.
-I will dedicate myself to reading everything possible on PF syndrome and figure out what I may be doing wrong.

No. More. Injuries.


P.S. Have your own PF pain youre trying to kick?  Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment