Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Random Facts for Friday

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." ~Albert Camus 

1. My favorite color is lime green.

2. My current favorite song is "Dog Days are Over" by Florence + The Machine. (love the song. video? judge for yourselves) Dog days are over? heck yes they are!!!

3. I feel very strongly that on days that I do pool workouts I do not need to shower. Being immersed in water for over an hour totally counts for showering.

4. I go to physical therapy 5 days a week right now. A lot of people complain about physical therapy but I really love it. I TOLD you. I go to the best physical therapy place in the world.

5. I'm posting two things today. Usually I try to appropriately space out my posts but I've been computer-less for the past week so since I'm a bit overdue  I threw out this rule.

6. I  love watching Wizards of Waverly Place on Disney Channel. I don't care what you think about this.

7. I have always wanted a horse. I thought it would wear off eventually but it didn't. I still want one.

8. Someday when I'm out of college and have a real job and I order pizza I will CERTAINLY tip the delivery boy/girl a minimum of $10 because I've been there and I know how hard it is to live off of tips from delivering pizzas (disclaimer: if the delivery person is a creeper or hits my mailbox they will not be receiving my $10 tip)

9. In gradeschool I was the only girl on my school's cross country team. This is why I can spit while running better than the guys on my college team.

10. I was only spanked once as a little kid. I stepped in dog poop and then dragged it in my house. my dad makes fun of me for it to this day.

11. I still refuse to run on anything except grass. I still insist on doing portions of it barefoot because it feels soooo amazing on my legs.

12. Yes, I'm still afraid to hurt my knee.

13. I eat too much peanut butter. It's so horrible but I don't really eat meat so it's one of my only sources of protein therefore I feel like my immense consumption is justified.

14. I did a speed workout in the pool yesterday and for some reason. I'm particularly tired and sore. And no. I didn't shower.

15.  During track season I got down to 7 toenails. ew.

16. I can't touch change. It's disgusting and germy and it smells funny. When I buy something I usually put the receipt in my hand and make the person put the change on top. From there I slide it into my wallet where it stays until I dump it into my change jar at home. I don't remember the last time I intentionally touched change.

17. I hate people who go to the gym and run on a treadmill when it's sunny and 70 degrees outside. Seriously?  Come ON!

18. At the beginning of my first "real-life run" this past Tuesday I got all emotional. Refer to today's other post.

19. On that subject being injured taught me a lot. I could have lived without Patellofemoral syndrome but not without what it taught me about myself.

20. Today was my longest run since the beginning of May.

1 comment: