Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Adopted a New Bike

So. I got a new bike this week. Apparently Bike O' Rama did not lessen my bike love, instead it just made it more intense.

So, there I was, driving down a country road in the rain and I saw this bike and it's clearly nothing like my racing bike, however I needed to adopt it anyways.

But first let's be honest here. Gas is almost 4 dollars per gallon here in Wisconsin, and in California, its up to 5 a gallon! No matter where I end up living next year I absolutely do. not. need. a car. I don't have the money for that. So long story short, I was thinking about buying a second bike anyways. I didn't need anything fancy, just something to get me from point A to point B instead of using my car and wasting my gas. So I had looked at some bike stores at sales, but for something that I'm planning on chaining to a fence in Milwaukee of LA there was nothing "cheap" enough.

Back to my story of adopting a new bike. So I was driving along a country road as I said and I saw this poor, bike sitting there alone in the rain next to a sign that said $25. So naturally, I stopped. The man that was selling it said that he inherited a better bike about a month ago, but when he bought this one, he paid over $300 for it. He adjusted the seat for me and replaced the screw holding it in place.

My Lexa was in the shop so i took this one out for a spin. Riding around on a $25 bike instead of a $800 bike was actually kind of liberating. I didn't have to worry about denting it, or riding through mud, or choosing to scrape myself instead of my bike in the even that I did fall.

Maybe I'll take up mountain biking?

P.S. Please notice and admire the new pedals on my trek :)

No comments:

Post a Comment