Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Marching Onward

"Now bid me run and I shall strive with things impossible" -Shakespeare, Henry IV


I just realized that February is over! And now it's time to review it and set some March goals. But first: 



February: 
1. GET RID OF CRUTCHES!!!!!!!!!!!! -Done and Done. FINALLY!
2. Walk. All. The. Time. - I do, yes :)
3. Start biking outside. - Done! Though the cold weather has gotten in the way.
4. Start 2-a-day pool workouts- Well I did this for awhile. 
5. Faithfully take calcium and vitamins. -Ehhh this could use some work
6. See a nutritionist. - I did it, I don't like it. 
7. Get good grades :) -So far so good
8. Start weight lifting. -I squat religiously before spin class. 
9. Stop complaining about weight lifting- Eh well, you can't win 'em all. 
10. Find will to run again. - Tuesday anyone?

March: 
1. Continue to weight lift/spin/swim
2. Work on eating correctly. Actually listen to and trust nutritionist.
3. Bump up weekly "long" ride from 45 to 50 miles. 
4. Continue doing PT stuff religiously. I've fallen down on this a bit this month. 
5. Decide which grad school I'm going to. 
6. Buy legitimate cycling shoes. 
7. Stop complaining about weight lifting. 
8. Do a back-to-back spin class at least once. 
9. Have one week of at least 300 biking miles. 
10. Go running. 

February was a big month for me so I'm a little sad to leave it. It met with a graduate school interview and so much improvement for both my mind and my body. I have a long, long, way to go but just looking at that list of goals does remind me how far I've come already. It amazes me that in just a matter of a month or two I've gone from being on crutches still to gearing up to run. And that I've gone from hating life because I can't run, to being O.K. with the fact that I can't. (well, mostly O.K.)


For March I'm excited to take my biking up a notch or two and start running a teeny tiny bit as well. The most important thing is to sidestep injury and stay on this healthy track that I'm  on. 


Most important thing I learned this month: In life, there's going to be a lot of uphills and downhills. It's important to keep a steady cadence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment