Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Last Day

Overlooking Rose Lake
Not bad for a last run eh? Today was my last run in my hometown before I move back to college.  I ran on the trails around Rose Lake today. Otherwise known as Dorothy Carnes Park. Yes I ran there yesterday too. But I can't get over how much I love it there. I always feel like I could run for hours and hours. Today in particular I got there and watched a storm roll in for the entire hour and 4 minutes of my run. Right as I left it began to downpour.

I'm all the more thankful for running when I look around places like this and realize how lucky I am that I can run around for hours. My last day running in my beautiful town, and I'm going to miss it a heck of a lot. I don't want to go back to the concrete jungle that is Milwaukee. I don't know how I'm going to survive without my peaceful, awe-inspiring runs at places like this.

So here's to the summer where I never thought I'd run again, but at the end rediscovered all the reasons why I truly love to run. Happy Trails :)

Clouds rolling in at Rose lake
"This part of my life... this little part.. is called "happiness" 
                                                           ~ Pursuit of Happiness

1 comment: