Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Goodbye Crutches, Goodbye Wisconsin

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"


I've been carrying my crutches around to my classes for the past week now. I haven't been using them, but at the same time I haven't been not  using them. 


So this past Friday the athletic trainer at my school looks at me and say "You're using these as a crutch! You don't need them!" He smiles and walk away with my crutches, that I've relied on for so long now. 


And just like that I'm walking. It's so strange to be able to walk wherever I want to. And biking! I biked 14 miles this morning! This is of course, nothing compared to the long, adventurous hour bike rides I used to do back this summer, but it's a pretty decent start. 


Not only that...that's not even the big part of the excitement over here. I've wanted to get into the same graduate program since my sophomore year of college. Not many people even care what program they get into as long as they  get into a program. But I've had my sights set on Rosemead School of Professional Psychology in LaMirada California for as long as I can remember.

So I applied. And I didn't think I would get in...and we're not out of the woods yet, but I DO have an interview. Which means that at least I'm being pretty heavily considered.

Therefore....$250 dollars that this poor college student does NOT have to spare suddenly went down the drain and into my plane ticket. I leave Monday, February 27th around 5pm. I stay for ohhh about 24 hours and then I get back midnight Tuesday, February 28th. Wow is all I have to say. I'm so excited for this next adventure in warm weather!

For now, I'm California dreaming, listening to songs about California during all of my workouts....California, here I come!

2 comments: