Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Showers Shall Bring....

"You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough."


This month has been one of the best that I've had in quite a long time. Not just physically, but mentally as well. Not just in sports, but in life. But let's just let the goals speak for themselves.


March: 
1. Continue to weight lift/spin/swim  I could use a little more swimming but I'm working on it. Otherwise yes, yes, and yes. 
2. Work on eating correctly. Actually listen to and trust nutritionist.It's hard for me to trust her, but it's been helping a lot. And I've been doing my best to listen to her, and especially not to lie to her! (oops)
3. Bump up weekly "long" ride from 45 to 50 miles. Try 65
4. Continue doing PT stuff religiously. I've fallen down on this a bit this month. Not sure how necessary this is anymore, but I've been doing pretty good. 
5. Decide which grad school I'm going to. Yeah. I think so. 
6. Buy legitimate cycling shoes. Best. Purchase. Ever. I credit these shoes for taking me from 17mph average to 20. 
7. Stop complaining about weight lifting.  Ehhh Ok not really accomplished. 
8. Do a back-to-back spin class at least once.  More like biking celebration day. 
9. Have one week of at least 300 biking miles. Done and conquered. 
10. Go running. Not legit running. But try 8.5 miles at 70% of my body weight at 6:22 pace.  


April

1. Call your grad school. Tell them you're coming. For sure.  
2. First warm day bike 70 miles. 
3. Start eating super, super healthy
4. Go to more yoga classes. 300 miles/week of cycling demands this
5. Speaking of cycling....weather permitting 350 mile week. 
6. I turn 22 on April 2nd. Since I turned 21 I have never purchased for myself an alcoholic beverage. Go to a bar and do this!
7. Cook all of the vegetarian dishes I pinned in pinterest. (this is also code for don't eat any meat, work on becoming a full time vegetarian) 
8. Try to swim at least 1 day per week. 
9. Run Run Run Run! I should be cleared by April 18th!
10. Don't be afraid to go running. 


Happy April everyone! My favorite month of the year. 

4 comments:

  1. Katie I LOVE the idea of monthly goals. I've never really thought of tha before. I think I might make a list for myself - thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! you should definitely try it. I have a new one each month where I evaluate the previous month and then set some new ones. Keeps me focused. :) and you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog. I am now following yours if that's ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very welcome. Thanks for following :) glad you like it

    ReplyDelete