Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Facts

"Keep on dreamin' even if it breaks your heart"


1. I bought a new lucky sportsbra and new lucky green socks today. Which brought to mind a question: can you purchase things with the intention of them being lucky? Hm...more on this later next week. 


2. I would give up going to graduate school full time if someone offered to sponsor me in triathlons (a girl can dream ok) shhhh don't tell my parents this. lol


3. I sometimes jump into my apartment's pool instead of showering if I don't have enough time. 


4. I don't take flattery very well. I turn all red and stare at the ground. In the same breath I thrive on pleasing people and making them happy. 


5. My best friend grew up on a farm and they raise goats, so when we were in high school I used to spend the night there and get up at 5am with her to feed baby goats, which are by the way, adorable. 


6. Calling people I don't know on the phone makes me really nervous. 


7. I've always wanted to adopt a child. 


8. I signed up for something exciting this week. I'm not telling because I'm a bit nervous that I'm in over my head and don't want to jinx it, but it's over a week away and I already have some serious butterflies going on. It's a good feeling. It may have also been a really, really, poor impulse decision. Oh well, I guess we'll see. 


9. I miss my college friends a lot. Particularly my track teammates. 


10. I want to run a marathon. I'd rather train for a half-iron man though. 


11. Yesterday, I bonked on my run. It was pretty awesome. After Tuesday's 112-miler and Wednesday's 7.5 miles at 6:50 pace I set off to run to work on Thursday. I opened somewhere around 6:20 pace. Legs died. haha. Yessss I'm taking today off.  


12. It makes me really upset when customers/other drivers/strangers who hate bikers/etc yell at me. It ruins my day to think that someone who hasn't even met me could dislike me that much. What is this world coming to?


13.I enjoy a good beer now and again. But I don't like anything too bitter. 


14.  I'm working SO HARD at taking better care of my body with all of this training but it's hard to know what works and what won't. Oh....and I need to drink a heck of a lot more water than I do currently. 


15.  Now that I'm really poor I'm also really cheap. I refuse to spend money on anything if it's not a.) something I NEED to live or b.) something that I NEED for biking/running/swimming. 


16. I eat too much peanut butter. 


17. My sense of humor is outrageously sarcastic and can take some getting used to. 


18. Right now, I have too many goals and not enough lifetimes. 


Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment: