Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Random Fact Friday!

"You're going to come across people in life who say all of the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it's always their actions you should judge them by. It's actions, not words that matter"

1. I couldn't do this post (or any other post for that matter) last week because my internet box broke and I had to wait for a new one :(

2. Sometimes after work I have to use de-greaser soap instead of body wash.

3. Having two jobs (bike store and forensic psychology internship) is keeping me balanced and keeping me from getting to sick of either one.

4. I did my first hill workout on a bike yesterday. Almost died. It was the biggest hill I've ever seen in my entire life. I was reduced to 5mph by about the middle of the hill. But that said, I did it three times.

5. My go-to band to listen to is Jack's Mannequin. He has a song applicable to anything and everything I'm going through at any given time. I also really like country music though. It makes me happy.

6. For the very first time in a long time I'm getting and itch to *gasp* run a race. shhh don't tell anyone. But I have been looking into a couple of duathalons around the area, some tris and some 5ks. Oh AND I met a professional triathlete yesterday who wandered into my store to stock up on Gu (we have the same favorite flavor) and she and I actually talked about my potential career....deep breath.

7. My parents think that trying to become a semi-pro triathlete would be a waste of time in comparison to perusing my PsyD. I think both would be nice.

8. I like soda. Diet soda anyways....I wouldn't drink regular. My body would probably die from that much sugar.

9. My roommate and I are contemplating getting a cat. I'm kind of allergic to cats so this should be interesting. But I really want a pet so I don't care haha.

10. Now that I work at a bike store I feel like my mechanical ability should translate into every day life...I feel like I should be able to build/fix things. Oftentimes this is not true. But I try anyways. This week I've been working on fixing up an old desk that my great grandfather built in the 50's or something. I think it looks much better.

11. I have excellent intuition about people.

12. One of my goals for the summer is to read a book a week. The only problem is that books are expensive.

13. I used to think that my biggest fear was failure. However, lately with all of the decisions I've been having to make and all of the things I've been stressed out about I think that my biggest fear is making a mistake with my life. or making a decision that I'll later regret. Instead of doing what I want or what I feel I can't make any decisions without looking a gazillion years in the future and deciding if this moment will make me happy in 50 years. Its an extremely irritating trait.

14. My quads are quite seriously getting out of control. Stupid 100  mile bike rides. :)

Have a great weekend everyone!




4 comments:

  1. I love soda as well...I am a Coke Zero fiend. I like the idea of a book a week...but I hardly ever have time!! Have a great weekend my wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diet coke= <3 haha I crave it all the time!

      Delete
  2. which pro triathlete came into the store???!!! it wasn't Gwen Jorgenson was it??!!! oohhh Katie it would be so amazing for you to pursue the tri professionally!!!! You can totally do that!! There's plenty of time for school later!! I hope you go for it!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mars, her name was Heather Haviland. She's a really amazing person athlete and coach. And we both really like chocolate GU :) As for me...we'll see where it goes. But thank you.

      Delete