Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Random Friday

"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind."

1. I want a swing in my house someday. No, not in my backyard. IN my house.

2. I frequently get rugburn on my back from doing ab workouts or yoga poses on the carpet. Not sure what I did yesterday, but today my abs hurt every time I move. Yay 6-pack!

3. If I had one wish, I'd wish that everyone in the world could realize how wonderful life is.

4. I hate spending money. Spending anything over 30 gives me a mini panic attack.

5. I got a job this week. Now I need an apartment!

6. Radishes are the only veggies that I don't like.

7. I've been practicing walking around in the high heels I'm going to wear for graduation, so that when the day comes I don't trip going up the stage. I ran into Starbucks this morning in them. I felt victorious for not falling on my face. Before the breaking of the foot I could run faster in 3-inch heels than some people can in running shoes.

8. Lately I've been eating more vegan organic peanut butter than I should be. But it's sooooo good.

9. When I was younger I thought I would've made a really good Native American. I still think this.

10. Achilles is still acting up. Time for a day off :(

11. (Not counting running shorts), I prefer dresses and skirts to shorts. I mean seriously? Tight jean shorts? Who ever thought that was a good idea?

12. I can make any recipe into vegan or vegetarian. It's a special talent.

13. I love shopping at thrift stores.

14. I like alternative rock. And not much else.

15. My dreams always have meaning.

16.  Someday I want to live in the country. There WILL be running trails in my backyard.

17.  I'm too independent for my own good. I like to think that I don't need anyone for anything ever.

18.  I drink coffee when I'm upset, not necessarily when I'm tired. I think it's because when I was younger and I was upset about anything my mom would always take me out for coffee  or make a pot and we would talk. To this day I feel like drinking coffee makes me feel slightly better. A secret way to tell if anything is bothering me is by the size of my coffee. Oh...yes...I gave up on giving it up. But I try not to drink as much as I used to for my bones' sake.

19. Oatmeal is currently my favorite food. Whenever I'm going through a "favorite" food phase it's really hard for me to resist eating it for every single meal. (oatmeal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner anyone?)
(sidenote: Oatmeal + sweetener + coco powder + peanut butter+ cinnamon =  best thing EVER) (besides that I've made pb+j oatmeal, carrot cake oatmeal, pumpkin spice oatmeal, apple cinnamon oatmeal, peanut butter banana nut  oatmeal)

20. My favorite on-the-bike pick me up is flattened diet coke.





Have a great weekend everyone! Make sure you do something exciting enough to tell a story about on Monday!

Oatmeal=favorite ever



6 comments:

  1. I love your random fact Fridays as always! I love alternative rock as well - my favorite genre of music by far. Living in the country is wonderful :-) I hope you are able to do it someday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them :) Great stress reliever at the end of a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I think you're super cool, def a role model, just couldn't resist telling you that however cheesy/quirky it sounds he he :):)
    P.S. you're random fact fridays have been making me laugh and smile after crazy college weeks...such a good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks Marya :) that means a lot. Glad you enjoy them...it helps me on Fridays too. You should start them too lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's today's Random Fact Friday? :-) I'm hooked

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's coming. Had a rough day today :(

    ReplyDelete