Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sorry this blog is about me being injured....

"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start." Nido Qubein


I am immediately going to get the hard part over with. I did not finish my race. It is the first time in my life that I have not finished a race. 


I'm not really sure what or how but here's what transpired....My foot's been hurting for a couple weeks now. In typical Katie fashion I chose to ignore it. I told my trainer about it, and after he assured me that it was just a tendon and that nothing could happen I went after it...full force. Bad idea I guess.  Nothing can be worse than patellofemoral though right? wrong. 
To my credit I ran a 5:52 first mile and was pretty close to that by the 2nd mile. At first I thought my foot would be O.K. but all of a sudden it changed from dull ache to stepping on knife type pain. Sooo I knew I just had to finish...but I didn't. All of a sudden around the 3 mile I realized that my foot didn't hurt anymore. Not only that but I couldn't feel anything. That was when I knew I was in trouble. I blacked out and then next thing I remember is being in a golf cart going to the training tent. 


I'll skip over the boring and pathetic events that followed. I'm sure someday me being carried across the course will be funny, and eventually I'll giggle about trying to get on and off the team bus with crutches, and fondly reflect on how ridiculous I sounded when they checked my blood sugar and I told them I'd pass out again if they put a needle in my finger. Those are all for a different post...when I'm in a different mood. 


Long story short I'm going to see a sports medicine doctor on Monday. 1. for the whole blacking out thing and 2.  because somehow it seems that my foot managed to go from "eh it doesn't really hurt" to "I can't move it" in just a few short days. 


Cross your fingers for me  

No comments:

Post a Comment