Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Learning to Love Moderation

“There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” 

― C.S. Lewis


I have one week until I'm allowed to walk again. One. Week. Try as I might, I simply can't stop my mind from going crazy with "what-if's" My mind waits until I'm juuust about to fall asleep and then goes crazy and keeps me up for hours. 


I'm exciting because I think that walking means biking too. Now, unfortunately, Wisconsin weather is among the most unpredictable in the entire United States, so I'm not holding my breath or anything but I'm just saying that I might get to go on a bike ride next week.   


This week was full of quite a lot of swimming. My days consist mostly of wake up-tea and breakfast-pool-nap-TV-sleep. Usually after so much time out of season and so much time off of school I get restless and bored. Maybe it has something to do with the stress of last semester. Maybe it has something to do with dreading going back and facing the doctor and the track season. But for some reason I'm perfectly content with things the way they are. I feel like maybe I have more that I have to put back together first. 


Swimming has been the best part of my days. (Never thought I'd say that!) Though I don't need to I usually warm  up with 1/2 an hour of aqua jogging and then follow up with some swimming. I'm up to 45 minutes. 


I've also been walking. Probably more than I should. But it seems that I can't help myself. Sometimes I partial-weight bear, but ever since New Year's day I've been actually walking around the house. I'm just so sick of using my crutches. Yeah, sometimes it makes my foot sore but it dosn't hurt to walk on it so I'm hoping that's a good sign. 


Moderation is going to be my biggest challenge once I start doing things again. It's already hard for to me not walk on it too much, not swim on it too long, not stress it as much as I want to. 


One more week until Friday, January 13-.....next x-rays 

No comments:

Post a Comment