Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Physical Therapy, Finally.

Yesterday was a huge day for me. And I mean HUGE. It was my first day of physical therapy. But I woke up yesterday morning with my foot hurting and a ton of snow on the ground. So I wasn't expecting it to go well.

I've been seeing the same physical therapist since I was a sophomore in high school, and I don't know if I'll ever find one I trust quite as much .

So yesterday I braved the snow to get my foot looked over. There was actually quite a bit of good news. t I haven't lost an incredible amount of strength or flexibility. In fact, it's not really that much different from my right foot. And finally, the best news of all: any pain that I am feeling is due completely to the fact that I keep walking around on my toe because I'm afraid to put weight on my heel still. He said that as long as I stop doing that, and keep stretching that all should be good. Any pain I feel now, is most likely soft tissue damage and not bone pain. so excited. And then the best news. He told me that there is no way that swimming can do any damage so I can go ahead and go swimming every day if I want, as long as I keep stretching afterwards.

I just have to remember: this is not the end of my collegiate running career. It is the beginning of training for the swim portion of the ironman. Just keep swimming.

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear that you got some good news!!! you're on your way back!

    ReplyDelete