Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Random Fact Friday

"The power of people that believe in you & encourage you to chase your dreams is a tremendous gift"


1. I'm a huge social media nerd. I'm fascinated by it. I have a facebook, a blog, a twitter and my newest endeavor...a google+


2. I have been blond my entire life. Until two weeks ago. Now I'm a brunette. I did it because right now marks a whole new phase of my life, and I wanted a change. However, I no longer feel offended when people tell blonde jokes in my presence. I will probably never go back. 


3. I found my perfect running shoes! The Saucony Triumph 9


4. I'm dreading going back to school. I leave on Sunday and haven't started packing. 


5. I had a complete meltdown and had a really horrible impulse buy the other day. underwater mp3 player. Never have I ever been so excited to try out a new electronic gadget. Three more days till it gets here. Best impulse purchase EVER


6. On Wednesday I swam for two hours. 


7. I used to want to try out for American Idol.I am not a good singer. Now I only watch the first week of auditions because I really like watching the people who are really bad. 


8. I'm secretly afraid that my track team will think that it's stupid that I'm still there this season since I can't run. 


9.  I hate winter in Wisconsin. I'm currently sleeping under: A sheet, a blanket, a comforter, two quilts, and a fleece blaket. Oh....and this is all while wearing a short sleeved shirt, a long sleeved shirt, and a sweatshirt. 


10.  I strongly dislike cocky people. 


11. I rarely put more than $20 in my gas tank at one time. 


12. I used to drink almost a pot of coffee a day. However, when I found out about the whole osteopenia thing I gave it up cold turkey. Now I have maybe one cup per week. If that. I've replaced it with what may be a seriously inappropriate amount of tea. 


13. I love painting. If I wasn't so determined to be an athlete, being an artist would be my second pick. I'd like to open a coffee house/art studio someday. 


14.  I walked on a treadmill for 5 minutes. If I've said it  once, I've said it a zillion times I HAVE THE BEST PHYSICAL THERAPIST EVER


15. It was a major blow for all of us cheeseheads over here when the Packer's lost this past week.  Poor, Poor, packers. :(


16.  My goal is to do a half-marathon by June. I WILL come back strong. Stupid bone fracture. But underlying that goal is the goal to do so slowly and carefully. 


17. I hate watching new T.V. shows because I don't know the characters. 


18. I hate snow. 


19. My weirdest hobby is origami. But I'm actually pretty good at it. 


20. I don't buy storage containers. I  put everything in running shoe boxes. 


Happy weekend to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I just bought a waterproof iPod case too -- I'm pretty sure it's the only way I'll make it through any more pool runs.

    Also, origami? Where did you learn that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to have music underwater! I love the quietness of the pool...but not every day!

    I picked up origami when my foot first broke and I couldn't sleep. My roommate woke up the next morning to many, many folded cranes.

    ReplyDelete