Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Shoe Advisory?

"Momma always says there's an awful lot you could tell about a person by their shoes. Where they're going. Where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes. I bet if I think about it real hard I could remember my first pair of shoes" -Forrest Gump


I'm going to buy shoes on friday. Wait...let me rephrase that. I'm going to buy new running shoes on Friday IF I'm not banished to crutches for 4 more weeks. However, as I said, I'm assuming I'm going to be allowed to walk. Which means: I'm going to need shoes to do the walking in.

I have this...superstition, I suppose you might call it, that everytime I get injured in a pair of shoes I must ditch them. Usually I ditch the brand entirely. Here is a list of currently banished shoes:
Brooks Ghosts
Saucony Kinvara
Asics Kayano

So.....that said I'm also currently wary of any Brooks, Saucony, or Asics shoes. This leaves me with as far as I can tell Mizuno, Addidas, and Nike. And I'd really rather not go with Nike or  Addidas. I've searched my way through every shoe advisor out there and I still have no idea what I'm doing. You would THINK that after running for the past 11 years of my life I would have figured out what shoes to wear. No such luck. I was an Asics junkie for quite some time, but I lost faith in them after I went into a running shoes store last year and was told that the structure of my Kayanos may have been the cause of my patellofemoral pain.

I know everything there is to know about foot type and different running shoes and what they all do. I'm positive that I could work in a shoe store and have told so many of my teammates what shoes that they should get after examining their feet. So...why is it that I can't figure out what kinds I should be wearing.

Most heavily right now I'm thinking Mizuno...only because they're the only brand yet to hurt me. I'm also a little concerned about going with a newer brand that I've never heard of. Newtons look promising, but I haven't heard enough success stories.

The bottom line is I need something with EVERYTHING. Stability, cushioning, and structure. Is it possible that they make a shoe with all of that? I'm pretty sure that cushioned and structured shoes are like...opposite. The search will continue...Bottom line: I don't care as long as they come in either a.) lime green or b.) hot pink and c.) do not fracture my bones.

Then again, do I even bother buying shoes since it'll be so long until I'm able to run again? Or should I buy them right from the get go so I start walking in the correct shoe and eventually transition into running?

No comments:

Post a Comment